Opportunities to join the Lab
The Language and Learning Lab offers valuable research experience for volunteers. As well as offering volunteers positions, we regularly invite second and third-year undergraduate students to work with us for credit as part of the Research Opportunity Program and we advertise twice per year for paid Work -Study students.
Volunteers are involved in all aspects of our research, including recruiting subjects, coding data, and creating original lines of research! We are looking for reliable, creative, and energetic volunteers who enjoy working with infants and young children.
Interested? Click here to apply to be a volunteer research assistant!
Have questions about working with us?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a specific idea for a graduate research project?
Interested in joining the lab as a graduate student? Contact Dr. Ganea directly at email@example.com or (416) 934-4502
Graduate Courses Taught
- Pluralistic Human Development at the Fraser Mustard Institute for Human Development
- Human Development Proseminar at the University of Toronto (Winter 2017; Fall 2016)
- Individual Read & Research at the University of Toronto (Winter 2017; Winter 2015; Winter 2014)
- Imagination, Reasoning and Learning at the University of Toronto (Fall 2016)
- Brain, Learning and Education at the University of Toronto (Spring 2016)
- Symbolic Development and Learning at the University of Toronto (Spring 2016; Winter 2015; Winter 2014; Winter 2013; Spring 2012; Summer 2012)
- Language Acquisition and Development at the University of Toronto (Fall 2015; Fall 2012; Winter 2011)
- Child Study: Observation, Evaluation, Reporting & Research at the University of Toronto (Fall 2015; Fall 2014; Fall 2013; Fall 2012)
- Children’s Theory of Mind at the University of Toronto (Winter 2015; Winter 2014)
- Introduction to Curriculum I: Core Areas at the University of Toronto (Winter 2013)
- Cognitive Development at Boston University (Spring 2011; Spring 2010; Spring 2008)
- Word Learning and Communication at Boston University (Fall 2010; Fall 2008)
- Early Social Cognition at Boston University (Fall 2009)
- Language and Cognition at Boston University (Fall 2008)
Undergraduate Courses Taught
- Research for Opportunity Course at the University of Toronto, (2015 – 2016; 2013 – 2014; 2012 – 2013)
- Developmental Psychology at Boston University (Spring 2011; Fall 2009; Spring 2009)
- Cognitive Development at Northwestern University (Spring 2007)